Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Beauty in decay

old ford truckWe took a short cut.

In our attempts to cut a few miles off the long days, we cut across the top of West Virginia using a winding mountain road. Turned out to be one of my favorite parts of the journey!

One of the kids had to stop for a reason that shall remain unmentioned. I had been looking at several interesting sights as I balanced the need to get there and the desire to enjoy the journey. So I waited until we were at a perfect place to take a break.

I loved seeing trees growing through the back of this old truck. (This stop was not a normal tourist destination.)

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

Haha! That's awesome!

tangobaby said...

I love taking photos of rusty, broken, peeling things, too. I don't know why, but these subjects are always perfect for photos.

Great shots here.