Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Evidences of the struggling economy

blank billboardIt was a long drive from Colorado to New Hampshire and back. I did the bulk of the driving, which was fine with me. (I enjoy driving. When I was a kid, I dreamed of being a truck driver. Living out that fantasy would kill my back, though.)

So while I was looking at the road and the trees and the cars and the hillsides, I saw a million billboards. Kansas featured many pro-life ads. Missouri specialized in adult shop ads. But by far, the most common billboard was one awaiting an advertiser. I think the ad budget has been cut by many many companies, from where it used to be.

And for the sake of those of you who read this blog regularly, this is the very last post that has anything to do with our summer vacation.

No comments: