Thursday, August 28, 2008

The DNC

thanks to jessamyn westI had to at least do a small nod to the Democratic National Convention, since it's taking place only about 13 miles from my front door.

We weren't invited, so I can't tell you much. (The photo is a creative commons shot by a lady named Jessamyn West. You can read her blogger's account here.)

I did manage to go downtown Tuesday evening for an outdoor prayer meeting, to support my buddy Andy (and to pray). It was fun to see all the delegates walking around with huge badges around their necks, and giant black SUVs with Illinois plates. (Sorry - forgot to bring my camera!)

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

I got to run a spotlight for the one in 2004. It was exciting, but the outcome was, well, not so exciting... I'm hoping this year will bring a positive change! :D