Friday, August 03, 2007

Texas flood

My sister and my mom live in Grapevine, Texas. They had lotsa flooding while we visited, maybe 4 weeks ago.

I took this shot at the entrance to a state park near where she lives. The "lake" across the entrance road is about 120' long.

Every time I look at this picture, Stevie Ray Vaughn sings to me - He starts with a great blues guitar solo and then belts out, "Well there's floodin' down in Texas..."

Sadly Stevie Ray died a while back - a helicopter crash. A friend Steve and I were going to see him live in Austin (both Steves' home town) - but the show was sold out. We saw Lucinda Williams instead - in a tiny club on the campus of UT. That was a good show! But you can still see Lucinda live (though you'll have to see her in a larger venue).

2 comments:

Lora_3 said...

It's been a weird summer in Texas. Here it is August and we haven't had one day yet over 100 degrees. Amazing!

Be safe...

The Lone Beader® said...

I did a post about Stevie awhile back... :(