Monday, May 05, 2008

My favorite car, parts 1 and 2

Honda is making a small sports car in 2009 or 2010 - the CR-Z (top). It's supposed to be a hybrid gas/electric. It is the "spiritual successor" to their CRX, which was made from 1983-1991. I owned a 1985. I loved that car. It had the perfect compromise between fuel economy and being fun to drive.

Most likely I will never own a CRZ, but it's fun to dream!

Actually, I think the front of the CRZ is ugly. But I like the concept and size.

The top photo is by Tom Cosgrove, from the June 2008 issue of Car & Driver magazine. The bottom photo is from a random Flikr person. But that is the exact year and model of the CRX that I owned. Mine was blue, though.

1 comment:

Phyllis Hunt McGowan said...

That's likely to be a great car. I love Hondas. We've had ours for ten years and only the fact that we're in a place where there's more pothole than road, it would not have any issues.
I too think the front is ugly.
Toyota Prius is the next car we'd look at if we didn't get another Honda.