Thursday, September 11, 2008

The new iPod Nanos

new ipod nanoWell, Apple introduced some new iPods, earlier this week.

I thought I'd take my lunch break yesterday to go to the nearby Apple Store to see them. Nope. They didn't have them yet. Sad.

Not that I'm in the market for a new iPod or anything. My ancient second-generation model is still working fine (bought in 2002). I bought it on eBay, used, four or five years ago. The battery is down to lasting maybe an hour and a half on a charge. (I even have a new battery to replace the old one with - but I have been too lazy to change it out.) The remote broke about a year ago. The case broke a few months before that. But I can easily carry it in my pocket.

So from what I've seen, the new Touch and Nanos both have built in accelerometers - you can tilt them to play games better or shake them to skip songs. Also, they have a "Genius" feature - where Apple will pick similar songs for a playlist, based on one song you choose. You'll have to view Apple's videos to see what I'm talking about.

Conclusion? No new iPod for this boy. Not in the budget.

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

I can't keep up with ipod! Maybe I should start by just getting one! LOL