Friday, October 31, 2008

About praying

A little action I have done over the years is to use objects to remind me to pray for people I know.

This little guy's head was part of a carving of a man playing a cello that my uncle carved. The kids destroyed the rest of him, during various kid-like throwings of balls across the living room, etc. But we decided to keep his head, rather than throw that away with the pieces that remained.

Recently, I stuck him to the inside of our medicine cabinet in the half-bath that Heather and I share. So now whenever I see him, I try to pray for my uncle and aunt. He had a stroke not long ago. She has lots of arthritis-related problems. So this little guy tells me to pray for them.

2 comments:

Richard Lawry said...

Prayer is an awesome thing. We have covered our refrigerator with pictures of people we pray for.

An Arkie's Musings

Jenny said...

Great idea.