Sunday, November 25, 2007

This one's for Stewart

During our life in England, we heard of Ikea. In Kenya, we lived in the Johnson family home, where we learned first-hand about the beauties of Ikea. Stewart is a very accomplished interior designer, though he does not make his living that way. We were blessed to stay in his and his wife Jo's flat (apartment) in Nairobi for a year. Stewart loves Ikea. We do too.

So over the Thanksgiving break, we had the joy of visiting an Ikea store for the first time. It was fabulous. Unfortunately, our visit was on Black Friday, so the crowds were large. (If you live in Dallas, the store we visited is in nearby Frisco.)

Reason for the visit? My office chair of more than 20 years finally died. I had repaired it about 5 times, and 6 was not gonna happen. So my new Ikea chair is both cheap and comfortable!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love Ikea over here in SEasia too...we've got the largest one in Asia I think. It smells clean, looks clean, it's bright, colorful...

Marti said...

Last time I went through Istanbul Ikea had just opened a store there, too. Their furniture is not quite my style, but it's consistent, affordable, nice clean lines... enjoy your new chair! I'll call and come visit you for coffee sometime soon, and see it.

Courtney O. said...

i love ikea as well, alas I don't think we'll be getting one out here. Rumor has it that there was a deal to get one near park meadows but it was turned down because the bright colors of the building didn't match the rest of the area.

Dave Moody said...

Ikea rocks. We loved it in Vancouver, visited one in Chicago, and B. just spent a whole afternoon at one in LA. Ate lunch there and everything. It makes you feel like you're somewhere else...

Anonymous said...

Boy, do I miss IKEA? Great place - all that flat-pack furniture and cool light fittings and stuff, then meatballs for lunch! Yeah. If Benin ever gets one I fear it won't be in my lifetime!

Jenny said...

IKEA is the best!! We have a very large store near us, which could almost be my home away from home.