Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I fell in love there

To get around my sister's part of Belgium, we used bikes. She and Sven kindly borrowed (and bought!) enough bikes that we could all ride around.

One day we visited an amazing bike shop. I test-drove this incredible cruiser. It was like driving a vintage Cadillac, only with a bit of the 21st century thrown into the mix. (Several gears - but hidden in the rear hub, for example.) The bike was made by an American company, but I forgot which. The shop was filled with "upright" bicycles - but not many mountain bikes. That style is very popular in Belgium, as there aren't many hills to contend with - at least compared to Colorado!

Alas, it did not fit into my budget or our luggage.

3 comments:

Heather Jamison said...

Cool wheels!

The Lone Beader® said...

I love those cruiser bikes.

Marti said...

Biking may be my favorite thing about the Netherlands too. I just can't enjoy it in Colorado, with so many hills and the sun always beating down.