Saturday, April 19, 2008

Some perspective

My dear friends Tracy and Jeff have been through a lot. Tracy got a brain tumor and has been operated on. She's doing amazingly well.

Maybe three weeks after the surgery, Jeff wrote this:

"It must be a literal, active effort to 'keep your eyes on Jesus' when it hurts, or it's hard, or you keep losing ground or get beat down by life, health, work, parents, whatever anyone's particular struggles are."

"The Titanic is sinking. I put all my effort into saving my family and other people help me. That is my whole world until I have them essentially safe. Then I look around at all the other people bobbing in the water and know they are struggling, too."

You can read more here. It puts into perspective the little and few problems I face.

No comments: